The thirty-seventh Woudschoten Conference
0n 3-5 October 2012 the thirty-seventh Woudschoten Conference will
be held at the Woudschoten Conference Centre, Zeist, The Netherlands.
Themes of the conference are:
- Adjoint methods and optimization
- Michele Benzi (USA)
- Introduction to Saddle Point Problems
- Some Preconditioning Techniques for Saddle Point Problems
- Andrea Walther (Germany)
- Four Ways (and Even More) to Compute Adjoints
- Memory-reduced Adjoint Calculation
- Enrique Zuazua (Spain)
- Control and Numerics : Continuous versus discrete approaches
- Optimal placement of sensors and actuators for waves
- From particles to continuum models
- Rafael Delgado-Buscalioni (Spain)
- Multiscale techniques for simulation of complex liquids: Part I, overview
- Multiscale techniques for simulation of complex liquids: Part II, hybrid models
- Claude Le Bris (France)
- From microscopic structures to models at the macroscopic scale: a mathematical and numerical perspective I
- From microscopic structures to models at the macroscopic scale: a mathematical and numerical perspective II
- Scott MacLachlan (USA)
- Variational Modeling Across Scales
- Continuum and multiscale models of particle transport
Organising committee 2012:
Kees Vuik (chair), Kees Oosterlee, Dirk Roose, Arthur Veldman, Margreet Nool (secretary)
All participants are invited to present a poster concerning their research.
Every presenter of a poster will receive a one-minute slot in the
conference programme (in a plenary session) to attract the attention to
his or her poster. One conference session, will be devoted to the
Impression poster session Woudschoten 2010
Submission of a poster is made on the electronic conference
registration form by providing a title (in English), or one can send a title
to the secretary by e-mail not later than
31 August 2012.
Moreover, all presenters are asked to submit a show page
to be displayed during their one minute of the one-minute session.
Requirements: it must be a PDF file, consisting of one page only in
landscape orientation; make it effective for displaying during one minute.
The PDF file should be e-mailed to the secretary.
Again this year, a jury, consisting of the keynote speakers under the leadingship of the
conference chair, will rate the best posters.
The winners of 2011 were:
1. Paulien van Slingerland (TUD-EWI)
A Preconditioner for CG that
Does Not Need Symmetry
2. Reijer Idema (TUD-EWI)
3. René Hiemstra TUD-LR
Structure preserving IsoGeometric Methods An application to Hodge decomposition
The Conferences of the Dutch-Flemish Numerical Analysis Communities
are held yearly, organised by the Werkgemeenschap Scientific Computing (WSC).
Financial support for this conference is provided by
the Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI),
the 3TU Applied Mathematics Institute (3TU.AMI),
the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO),
the Research Foundation Flanders (FWO-Vlaanderen),
and the Nonlinear Dynamics of Natural Systems(NDNS+).
The Werkgemeenschap Scientific Computing is very grateful.
Conference fees, due upon registration, are:
- € 394,00 for conference and two nights lodging in the
Conference Centre Woudschoten,
which includes breakfasts, lunches and dinners,
- € 218,00 for conference, lunches and dinners,
- € 145,00 for conference and lunches only.
In case you can not attend the conference for the whole period, please contact
Margreet Nool. A special arrangement can be made.
Both conference registration and submission of a poster presentation
can be done by using the electronic
registration form ultimately on
27 August 2012.
For late payments received after 1 September 2012
the charged fees are increased by € 25.
For further information please contact the secretary of the organising committee
CWI - Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica
Organising committee Woudschoten Conference
P.O. Box 94079
NL-1090 GB Amsterdam
Telephone: +31 20 592 4120